As our 12 month contract with the production company has now ended the webcast of conference proceedings is no longer available.
Applied Genomics for Sustainable Livestock Breeding
The CRCs for Beef Genetic Technologies, Sheep Industry Innovation and Dairy Futures are hosting this one-off international event as one of the Sir Mark Oliphant Conference Series which is supported by the Australian Government’s International Science Linkages – Science Academies Program.
Since 2006, livestock genomics research has experienced tumultuous changes in the genomics technology platforms, the way in which scientists need to undertake their research as well as the way in which the new genomics technologies are being delivered and used by the livestock industries globally.Read more...
Conference AimsThe conference will aim to:
- Develop stronger interactions between the research and livestock industry communities relating to implementation of genomics technologies in the beef, sheep and dairy industries;
- Present the most up-to-date results from genomics research groups around the world;
- Achieve consensus on the best ways to implement those results in the beef, sheep and dairy industries in Australia;
- Review genomics research progress to date and identify new opportunities to achieve additional benefits for the beef, sheep and dairy industries in future; and
- Strengthen existing and develop new research collaborations that are focused on delivering benefits for the livestock industries across all countries.